Fiction: Gradually filling the vacant space.

Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Begin

It has to start somewhere
So this is the point
Winnowing is for later
Now just dump it in
Chaff and all
Swirl it around
Let it loose
Fear is still there
In my face
Nosing around
Looking over my shoulder
Ready with a snide comment
Even making its way into my work
This very moment
But if I ignore it
It will weaken
It will become insignificant
Not to go away completely
It serves its purpose
But it has gained too much purpose
Too much power
It shouldn't be the topic
And it isn't
Begin is the topic
Starting
Not a quick start
Not "launch" or "trigger"
More gradual than that
That is the way it has to be

2 comments:

east said...

very interesting...

Dinky Chickenshorts said...

Thanks. The blog's certainly living up to its name, eh?

About Me

My photo
41 year-old father of 3 boys and a little girl.